Women's Lacrosse

Syracuse women’s lacrosse climbs to No. 3 in latest Inside Lacrosse Poll

Courtesy of the Atlantic Coast Conference

Syracuse women's lacrosse rose one spot to No. 3 in the latest Inside Lacrosse poll.

Syracuse women’s lacrosse (14-5, 8-1 Atlantic Coast Conference) has been ranked No. 3 in the Week 12 Inside Lacrosse Poll. The Orange rose one spot following a 2-1 week at the ACC Tournament in Charlotte.

Following two dominant wins over Louisville and Virginia and a loss in the championship to Boston College, Syracuse entered the top three again.

Wednesday in the ACC quarterfinals, Syracuse jumped out to an 8-3 lead in the first quarter to pull away early and win 17-8. Two days later in the semifinals against Virginia, Syracuse scored eight goals in the opening frame and did not allow any goals. The 8-0 start grew to 11-1 by the beginning of the second quarter, leading to a 19-4 win.

Sunday in the conference championship, SU started quickly again, jumping out to a 5-1 lead. But the Orange quickly collapsed. The Eagles shut out SU for 22 minutes from the end of the second quarter to the beginning of the fourth. Meanwhile, the Eagles kept scoring, taking a three-goal lead before Emma Ward ended the drought. BC ended on a five-goal run to win by seven.

Despite the loss, Syracuse will likely be a top seed in the NCAA Tournament, which starts on May 10.